About the home
These DLF factsheets provide general advice on topics such as features to look for when choosing a wide range of items of daily living equipment. However, if you want detailed information on specific types of equipment that can help you, you should visit our website Living made easy.
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view these PDFs. Download it free of charge from the Adobe website or, for people with visual disabilities, visit Access Adobe.
What you think...
My husband has cerebral palsy and arthritis. One day he found that he could no longer get out of the bath easily. We needed help quickly so, having heard of DLF, I called them and within a day or two received comprehensive details of suppliers of bath aids. We contacted one and bought a bath seat - problem solved!
- Choosing equipment to maintain safety and independence at home (introducing telecare)
- Choosing equipment for the heavier person
- Making a difference (choosing equipment for everyday living)
- Choosing household equipment
- Choosing toilet equipment and accessories
- Choosing a bed and bed accessories
- Choosing a bath and bath accessories
- Choosing a chair and chair accessories
- Choosing a shower and accessories
- Choosing and fitting grab rails
- Choosing eating and drinking equipment
- Choosing equipment to get up and down stairs
- Choosing pressure relief equipment
- Some suppliers of a range of daily living equipment
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities
If you are a manufacturer or supplier who would like to sponsor one of our factsheets or advertise in one of them, please contact our Marketing department.
All factsheets are copyright to the Disabled Living Foundation and must not be changed, resold or quoted from without reference to DLF and prior written permission. Factsheets may be downloaded and printed freely for individual use (although we always welcome donations in support of the production of these factsheets).
If you are an institution looking to distribute to a number of people, you may do so freely provided that the Factsheets are not altered in any way.
If you are interested in licensing content from any of DLF's Factsheets to use within you own materials (e.g. a website), please contact our Marketing Department.