All DLF Training courses are CPD-accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
This four-hour course is designated as BASIC on the DLF MH Training and Education Pathway.
Delegate groups who would benefit from this course
- Delegates with no previous experience of hoisting
- Delegates who have done a basic moving and handling course e.g. Introduction to moving and handling for carers but need further hoist training
- Delegates who have previously worked with only one model of hoist and need wider experience
Level of skills/knowledge required for course entry
- This course is for novices i.e. who have little, limited or no experience of hoisting
- Basic care skills
Example employment areas of delegates
- Family caregivers
- Carers employed under personalisation scheme
- Caregivers in employment with varied clients
- Guided learning
- Peer evaluation
- Competence markers
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic effective transfers from bed/chair, chair/bed and from the floor using a hoist and appropriate sling
- Display basic competence in hoist transfers
- Understand the importance of the correct-sized sling for each client’s individual needs
- Make a basic check of hoisting equipment including slings for the purposes of relevant safety legislation
- Explain the different types of sling available for clients’ needs
- Appreciate the physical, social and psychological aspects of being transferred by hoist
Course code and dates:
HFC0215 19th February 2015
Duration: Half day (four hours)
Price per person: £45 + VAT (£54)
Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the practicalities of attending a DLF course.
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view this PDF. Download it free of charge from the Adobe website or, for people with visual disabilities, visit Access Adobe.