DLF Training is CPD-accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
This course is aimed at professional groups with previous moving and handling education.
View course dates for 2018
"Course was well presented and very flexible - easy to meet individual needs."
Professional groups who would benefit from this course
- Occupational therapists
- Other therapy staff, e.g. art, speech and language, play, who have moving and handling responsibilities or supervision of students
- Registered nursing staff with moving and handling responsibilities
Level of skills/knowledge
- Previous moving and handling education at basic level
- Experience of different moving and handling scenarios with varying outcomes
- Experience of care planning and decision making in moving and handling
- Social services
- Care home provision
- Community care management
- Private practice associated with community care assessment and management
- Guided learning
- Self-directed learning
- Skill development
- Increased knowledge base
- Peer review and interaction
- Literature review
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of reasoned clinical decision making in manual handling
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to moving and handling problems in therapeutic settings
- Outline the assessment process and identify risk factors inherent in the development of musculoskeletal disorders
- Perform good practice in moving and handling people while achieving determined therapeutic outcomes
- Understand the importance of psychological factors in moving and handling
- Review their handling skills with peer interaction and support
- Outline the resources available to therapists regarding moving and handling equipment provision and supply
- Appreciate the importance of ergonomics in individually-centred care planning
- Demonstrate capability in personal movement skills
NB for courses involving manual handling, the categories indicated in the Guidance for Physiotherapists in Manual Handling Ch. 4 are used-see NB for courses involving manual handling, the categories indicated in the Guidance for Physiotherapists in Manual Handling Ch. 4 are used-see http://www.csp.org.uk/uploads/documents/GIMH4CP.pdf
Book a course
To request an invoice please download a booking form
Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the practicalities of attending a DLF course.
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view this PDF. Download it free of charge from the Adobe website or, for people with visual disabilities, visit Access Adobe.