Moving & Handling People
Moving & Handling People is more than just a conference - it is the premier moving and handling people event of the year.
Its programme features 5 plenary and 6 concurrent sessions, 4 practical interactive workshops and a large exhibition with New Products Gallery and Professional Resource Centre. Attending this event will help you to demonstrate practical competencies and CPD in you field of practice, be market aware and know how products can be developed to meet your clients' needs.
What you think...
An excellent arena in which to problem solve complex manual handling issues and discuss possible solutions.
Manual Handling Advisor, Cheshire County Council
The 2012 theme is:
'The Architecture of Good Practice'
2 - 3 february 2012 (with Pre-Conference New Products Workshops on 1st February 2012)
The 16th Annual Moving & Handling People 2010 is designed to help you work together with others to promote safety and quality of service and the well being of all; the people we care for and those who deliver care.
This event is a key element in personal development and offers a professional update in one event, recognising the vital role that workers have to play in safeguarding the well-being of those with reduced capabilities whilst maintaining their own health and safety in practice.
Overall, Moving & Handling People 2012 brings together expertise to address the challenges of working in this area of service provision and in the promotion of safer handling. The moving and handling of people is a practical science, so the programme reflects the practical nature of handling people and provides a comprehensive exhibition which serves to underpin safe practice through the use of a wide range of products and manual handling techniques.
In addition, the pre-conference New Products workshops give attendees an additional opportunity to view and trial products with the benefit of experienced practitioners and suppliers available to give advice and information. This event represents a practical guide for hands on practitioners and strategic leads responsible for identifying new products and recommending equipment to reduce the risk of work related musculoskeletal injury.
Top 10 reasons why you should attend Moving & Handling People
- Topical plenary and concurrent sessions
- Practical Interactive workshops
- An extensive exhibition featuring a New Products Gallery and Professional Resource Centre
- It's the only professionally accredited CPD moving and handling people event
- With an individually structured timetable, delegates can meet suppliers and extend their product awareness as well as attend all the conference sessions
- This is a key opportunity to view the latest products and handling techniques to aid safer handling for both client and carer
- There are over 80 exhibition stands incorporating the very latest new products
- This event has excellent networking opportunities with colleagues, experienced healthcare professionals, manufacturers and suppliers
- All those attending the 2012 conference will be given a year's FREE access to an 'Equipment for Moving & Handling People' information portal taken from DLF's database, DLF Data, after the event
- Attending this event will enhance your practical skills and market awareness helping you to continue your professional development