2. What we mean by personal information
3. Personal information that we collect
Your "Record" constitutes the information we collect:
- via the “Order Form” page if you register as a Database Registered User, comprising various details about you, including your name, email address, postal address, daytime telephone number, job title, billing details and any other information you may supply as part of your registration to be a Database Registered User;
- when you submit personal information in order to post a message to, or contained in a message posted on, a Discussion Forum
- via the “Sign-Up” page if you register as a Community Registered User, comprising various details about you, including your user name, email address, gender, country, city and date of birth and any other information you may supply as part of your registration to be a Community Registered User;
- as a Community Registetred User when you submit personal information in order to post User Content for example any photos or other information you supply which is accessible by other Community Registered Users;
- or when you email, write to, or telephone us. From time to time we may also request additional information by contacting you directly, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information;
4. How we use your personal information
Your personal information is used by us so that we can administer and support this Website and to provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of this Website depending on whether you are a Registered User. For example, the Database is only accessible to Database Registered Users.
In addition, if you are a Registered User, we may use your personal information to contact you from time to time, in order to ask for your views on this Website (including any content) and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to this Website.
We may use information provided by you (such as what you think about this Website and improvements that you would like to see made) or statistical information collected, so that we can improve our service to you or make your visits to this Website more rewarding.
5. Disclosure of personal information
We reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where:
- the disclosure is required by law, such as where there is a court order, or statutory obligation requiring us to make such a disclosure; and/or
- we believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is otherwise in the overriding public interest, and is permitted by law.
6. How we protect your personal information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us.
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Any personal information which you submit in the form of User Content will be made available to all Community Registered Users.
With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
7. How long we keep your personal information
If you are or become a Registered User we will keep and use any personal information you submit to us in relation to your use of this Website for so long as you remain a Registered User and for at least 7 years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have.
Otherwise, your information will not be accessed again and it will remain secure. In any event, your personal information will be kept for no longer than is necessary.
8. Updating your personal information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and to amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information. Please note that we are entitled to charge a £10 fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If you would like to review or update your personal information please Contact Us.
10. About cookies
Cookies are small files stored in your computer's hard drive by your web browser. When you access this Website our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognise your computer, and make using this Website easier for you. For example, cookies allow us to remember your username and password to save you having to retype it every time you visit this Website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can alter your settings to allow you to be prompted every time a cookie is sent to you or you can choose not to receive cookies at all. However, please note that if you have 'disabled' cookies in your browser this way you may not be able to use certain features on this Website.
For independent information about cookies you can go to www.allaboutcookies.org