All DLF Training courses are CPD-accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
DLF's Trusted Assessor Training is accredited at Level II by the Open College Network. This course provides training for community staff in the assessment, use and fitting of basic daily living equipment. It includes presentations, discussion and practical demonstrations covering a number of areas including assessment and intervention, risk, issuing responsibilities and sessions on chairs, beds, rails, toilets, and bathing. A short assignment will have to be completed to gain accreditation. Delegates will receive a comprehensive workbook.
"Really good training. Time flew by which doesn't normally happen on training days/courses"
Delegate groups who would benefit from this course
- Community and housing staff involved with independent living
- Support workers in Adult Social Care
- Staff involved in Reablement services
- Newly qualified OT’S
- Those who wish to update their knowledge of Community Equipment
- Those required to have some understanding and use of Community equipment in their work place
- Those seeking basic solutions to allow clients to live as safely and independently as possible
Level of skills/knowledge
- Accredited at Level Two - equivalent to GCSE.
- Not responsible for supervision of others in this area.
Delegate employment area
- Social Services
- Community employment
- Reablement Team
- Hospital Discharge Team
- Private care sector for the elderly
- Employed under the direct payment scheme
- Domiciliary Care
- Voluntary sector
- Be able to implement the assessment process and understand the importance of safety and risk in the community
- Be able to prescribe and fit specified equipment such as raised toilet seats
- Be able to assess for and prescribe specified minor adaptations e.g. place and mark up for rails
- Know what safety issues to consider when checking equipment
- Know when to refer back to O.T. services
||Price per person
10th & 11th November 2014 - Course Full
|£350 + VAT (£420)
19th & 20th January 2015
|£350 + VAT (£420)
Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the practicalities of attending a DLF course.