Why you should attend Moving & Handling People 2014
Benefits from attending Moving & Handling People 2014
- CPD-accredited professional update for practioners
- Expert analysis and solutions from leading practitioners
- Detailed review of safe practices and use of equipment for different client groups and situations
- Sharing best practice through peer review
- Largest product exhibition for manual handling professionals in the UK
- Be first to see new products in the market
- One year’s free access to an information portal of equipment for moving and handling people
All these benefits make M&HP 2014 essential for your continuing professional development.
Moving & Handling People 2014 is a CPD accredited event focusing on positive solutions for practitioners and clients.
The event is designed to support personal learning aims, providing up to date information and guidance. All delegates are encouraged to bring along questions to ask and discuss in the presentations and workshops. The event timetable ensures delegates can attend all conference sessions and the exhibition – maximizing your learning experience.
- Be able to implement a client assessment and understand the importance of safety and risk management in the organisation
- Better understanding of optional appraisal of equipment
- Identify safety issues when choosing and using equipment to move and handle people loads
- New practical skills for a range of techniques and uses of equipment
- Audit your own practice and that of your organisation
- Market awareness of suppliers and products available
- Use of different assessment tools in client management
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – supporting your learning
This event will contribute to your CPD through a series of Plenary & Concurrent Sessions, Interactive Workshops, Open Forum and the comprehensive exhibition which includes a Professional Resource Centre and New Products Poster Gallery all of which are designed to enhance your event experience, knowledge and practical skills. Delegates are requested to complete an evaluation form to submit when they leave the conference.
Delegates can download their Certificate of Attendance following the event and use it to record personal learning objectives and achievements as a permanent record of their CPD.
Pre-conference New Products Evaluation Workshops
This optional half day on 29th January 2014 will feature new equipment, emerging products in development and bespoke moving and handling equipment in two workshops to allow delegates to:
- Get ‘hands on’ with new products launched at the event
- Work in small groups for a conducive learning environment
- Discuss bespoke equipment with suppliers and facilitators
- Vote on ‘Best New Product’ and enter a free prize draw, to win a place at the 2015 conference
Four Main Conference Practical Interactive Workshops
- Enhance your knowledge, practical skills and application of equipment
- Peer review and audit your risk management practices
- Discuss practical solutions to real-life situations
The individualised timetable allows for delegates to attend all four workshops. The allocated exhibition viewing time, preceding the workshops, means delegates can view products and equipment useful for promote safe moving and handling.