The Assistive Technology Design Prize 2017: shortlisting
The Disabled Living Foundation (DLF) and Designability recently invited students with original ideas for products that will improve the lives of people living with disabilities, long term health conditions or age related impairments with the opportunity to enter The Assistive Technology Design Prize 2017.
Deadline for entries was on 19 June - shortlisting of applications took place yesterday.
The judging panel consisted of staff from both Designability and DLF, as well representatives from industry and assistive technology companies:
- Tracey Lloyd, Director General of British Healthcare Trades Association
- Andrew Stevenson, Sales Director of NRS Healthcare
- Catronia Toms, OT and Head of Practice Support at Shaw Trust
- Keir Haines, Senior Product Developer, Designability
- Ed Mylles, Interim Director, DLF
A shortlist has been drawn up and the successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview shortly where they will be given the opportunity to present their ideas in more depth.
The winner(s) will have the opportunity to develop their idea further with the support of the Designability team in Bath and experts from the Disabled Living Foundation (DLF) in London.
For more information please contact Amanda Shiel, Knowledge Manager
Tel: 020 7289 6111 ext 218