One way you can support DLF is by volunteering at our office in London to help us with our work. The type of tasks involved would suit anyone based in London, including retired people, people with disabilities, students, people who want to work part-time, full-time, on short projects or on long.
Transportation from anywhere in London to and from our friendly, hardworking organisation is reimbursed, as is lunch up to the value of £3.00 per day. We promise to help you develop your skills as the tasks are varied and interesting.
Activities you can help with
I find the work experience rewarding, and given that I am in a wheelchair myself, I can really see the benefits of what DLF does.
Efioawan Glover, student volunteer
- Need administrative or reception experience? You can volunteer to work on reception or help us stay organised - setting up and maintaining filing systems, small basic research projects and a little typing.
- Looking to get into marketing or fundraising? You can help us carry out mailings to our supporters and customers or conduct internet research into ways to publicise our services or people who might support us.
- Familiar with basic accounting procedures? Studying accountancy or computing? You can help us produce invoices, perform credit control and keep our account ledgers up to date.
- Looking for data entry experience? You can help us keep our database of equipment and useful contacts up-to-date.
- Are you a healthcare professional with experience in equipment? You can help us update our guidance notes and respond to email enquiries.
How to contact us
If you are interested in volunteering and are based in London, please call 020 7432 8004 or send us an email to arrange an informal chat.