These are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that DLF's training department receives.
1. What time do your training courses start and finish?
Most courses run from 9.30 a.m. until 4.30 p.m., except the following:
Grab Rail Workshop - 9.30 a.m until 1.30 p.m.
Designing Accessible Housing, Housing Adaptations: Part One and Housing Adaptations: Part Two - 10.00 a.m. until 4.30 p.m.
Hoisting for Carers - 10.00 a.m until 2:00 p.m.
2. Where are your training courses held?
At our offices in London. Address: 380-384 Harrow Road, London W9 2HU
3. How do I get there?
DLF is located in West London, not too far from Paddington. You can get to our offices by:
- To Harrow Road - Nos 18, 36
- To Elgin Avenue - Nos. 328, 31
- To Chepstowe Road and Westbourne Park - No 7
- Westbourne Park - Hammersmith & City Line (The exit from this station is the easiest for crossing the road)
- Royal Oak - Hammersmith & City Line
- Warwick Avenue - Bakerloo Line
4. I'm not from London. How long does it take to get there from (name of main station)?
If you are coming from outside London to attend a training course you can find out how to get here from mainline stations and how long it will take by visiting Transport for London's website and using the Journey Planner. Choose Harrow Road as your destination and change the drop down menu to 'Address'. It will provide a number of options for Harrow Road - choose Harrow Road (W9). It will provide more options - choose Harrow Road (x) Sutherland Avenue. This should then give you the best options to get to DLF's offices by public transport.
5. Do you have a list of places that I can stay in London that are near your offices?
Yes, please see our Accommodation list.
6. Do you provide lunch?
No, we do not provide lunch as we have found that most delegates prefer to leave the building and go out to one of the nearby cafes or sandwich bars to take a break from their learning environment.
7. Is there parking available?
We cannot guarantee parking as there are parking restrictions around our building.
8. What happens if I wish to cancel my place on a course?
If delegates are subsequently unable to attend a course, they should inform us in writing as soon as possible, as cancellation charges will apply dependent on notice given (see below). Wherever possible, delegates will be offered the opportunity to transfer to another date free of charge. Delegates who decline this option will be charged as follows:
- More than 28 days prior to the course start date - admin fee (£40) plus VAT
- Between 14-28 days prior to course start date - 50% course fee
- Less than 14 days prior to the course start date - full course fee
9. What happens if my organisation has not paid for my place by the time the course starts?
You will be sent reminders to pay in advance of the course. If we have not received payment before the course date, you will be required to pay by credit card when you arrive for the course. No exceptions will be made.
10. Do you only run courses in your offices in London?
DLF's programme of courses are run at DLF's offices in London. However, it is also possible to commission DLF to run some of our courses off-site at your own premises or commission us to customise our courses to meet your specific needs. Please contact our training department for more details.