AskSARA user policy
Please take a moment to read the following User Policy. If there is anything you do not understand, then please Contact Us.
1. Acceptance of this User Policy
Your access and use of AskSARA including any and all content, information and materials provided within it is subject to your acceptance of, and compliance with, the provisions of this User Policy.
IMPORTANT: By accessing and using AskSARA you will automatically be taken to have read, understood and accepted this User Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this User Policy please cease to access and use AskSARA and any of the content found within it (including any content you have copied or downloaded).
AskSARA is provided to you by the Disabled Living Foundation ("DLF", "we", "us" or "our"), an organisation that helps older and disabled people find equipment solutions that enable them to lead independent lives. AskSARA is an assistive technology resource aimed primarily for users of assistive technology (and their families and friends), healthcare professionals who advise clients with regard to assistive technology, and people who work in the assistive technology industry.
AskSARA provides information to you through a variety of ways, including the provision of:
- a comprehensive and up-to-date database of available assistive technology (the “Database”);
- access to free factsheets which give guidance on a wide range of topics (the “Factsheets”); and
- advice and tips about ways to make your life easier which can be downloaded as a report (the "Reports").
The Database, Factsheets and Reports have been compiled using information provided to us by producers, suppliers and/or distributors of the assistive technology featured
3. Availability of AskSARA
While we shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that AskSARA is generally available we make no representation or guarantees as to such availability.
We reserve the right to withdraw access to all or any part of AskSARA for periods of time in order to modify the Database, the Factsheets and/or other content, for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance and for other purposes, without notice to you.
Since you will receive AskSARA via third party telecommunications networks, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that the availability of AskSARA will be uninterrupted or error free. Similarly we cannot guarantee that the transmission of any information over such telecommunications networks will be secure nor that you will be able to access AskSARA at all times.
IMPORTANT: AskSARA is therefore provided to you on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis, and your use of AskSARA is at your own risk.
4. Your obligations
IMPORTANT: You may only use AskSARA (including any content which you access or download) for lawful purpose(s), and in any event in accordance with this User Policy.
- not to use AskSARA (including the Database or the Factsheets or the Reports) for your personal commercial gain or to sell or trade in any of the content or other material copied or downloaded from AskSARA;
- not to change any of the text or images contained in AskSARA or merge it with any other text or images, or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any of content from the Database, the Factsheets, the Reports or otherwise from AskSARA;
- to comply with any legal notices contained in AskSARA; and
- to respect and comply with the legal rights of others, in particular our rights and the rights of our licensors.
5. Ownership and Licence
You acknowledge that all rights in copyright, database rights, design rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights (whether registered, capable of registration or otherwise) throughout the world, for the full duration of such rights (“IP Rights”) in AskSARA (including in the Database, Reports or the Factsheets) are owned by us or our other licensors (as appropriate).
Except for your use of AskSARA in accordance with this User Policy, you are granted no IP Rights in respect of AskSARA.
You may print, copy or download any Factsheets, records from the Database or your Report or you may email your Report to a friend or a nominated Social Care Service provided always that:
- the DLF is the acknowledged source;
- a DLF notice stating "© Disabled Living Foundation 200[insert year]. All rights reserved. For more information regarding the Disabled Living Foundation please visit www.dlf.org.uk." appears in a reasonably prominent position;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in AskSARA.
This permission is revocable by us at any time.
All trade marks, logos, titles, brand and product names (the “Trade Marks”) which are featured in AskSARA, are owned by us or our licensors.
You may only use or refer to any Trade Marks which are included in content downloaded, copied or printed by you in accordance with this User Policy. Otherwise you must not offer or distribute any products or services under or by reference to the Trade Marks, or otherwise reproduce any of the Trade Marks without our express written consent.
AskSARA contains links to other websites which are not under our control. These links are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for the availability or content of such other websites, nor for any products or services available from them. Any such link should not be seen as an endorsement of such websites, or any products or services contained on them.
You should be aware that your use of such other websites may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the owners of those websites. Your dealings with such third parties are between you and the third party, and we accept no liability as a result of you accessing such websites or entering into contractual arrangements with the operator in question.
7. Modifications to this User Policy
This User Policy may be amended from time to time, and we therefore suggest that you review it periodically.
While we do endeavour to ensure that the information contained in this Website (including in the Database, Reports and/or the Factsheets) is accurate, appropriate and up-to-date, you should note that:
- since much of the content of the Database is provided by the producers, suppliers or distributors of the assistive technology featured, we cannot and do not undertake to monitor every item on the Database;
- we make no representations, warranties or endorsements about either the information included in AskSARA or its accuracy (including in relation to any opinions or advice given whether in the Factsheets or otherwise), nor about any assistive technology featured in the Database and, for the avoidance of doubt, such information includes any product recommendations made by any third parties in relation to any assistive technology products or advice; and
- anything in AskSARA is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice, legal or professional advice and should not be treated as a substitute for the advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional. You should always consult your own GP if you are in any way concerned about your health or the health of another person.
Although we cannot guarantee the prompt editing or removal of any inappropriate or inaccurate content, if you find any content that is inaccurate or inappropriate then please Contact Us.
While we use virus checkers to check the content of AskSARA, we are unable to guarantee that is virus and/or error free. You should always check any content before downloading. Any content is downloaded by you from the AskSARA (including from the Database) at your own risk, and on the basis that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that result from the download of such content.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on the information contained in AskSARA.
On the basis that you are accessing AskSARA for business and commercial purposes, and/or our status as a charity, you agree that, unless we specifically state otherwise, we provide AskSARA (including the Database, Reports and the Factsheets) to you without any conditions, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties or conditions as to the satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, which are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
9. Our Liability
We do not limit our liability if you die or are injured as a result of our negligence, or if you suffer loss as a consequence of any fraud by us (or for any other liabilities which we may not by law exclude) and nothing in this User Policy should be read as making any such limitations.
We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for:
- any loss or damage arising from your use of AskSARA;
- any loss or damage arising as a consequence of viruses received by you via AskSARA;
- any loss or damage arising as a consequence of our failure to provide AskSARA in accordance with this User Policy; and/or
- any economic losses (including loss of profits) any indirect or consequential losses, loss of data, goodwill or reputation, or for any wasted expense including but not limited to losses caused by viruses,
- and any other liability we may have to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss or damage suffered by you in relation to AskSARA and/or the Database, Reports or Factsheets is limited to £500.
In any event we will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations if we are prevented from doing so by an event beyond our reasonable control.
IMPORTANT: You acknowledge that, on the basis of our charitable status the disclaimers and limits on our liability contained in this User Policy are fair and reasonable.
10. Your Liability
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to AskSARA without notice to you, if we reasonably believe you and/or the organisation that has granted access to AskSARA to you (as applicable) to have breached this User Policy.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any liability, loss, damage or expense caused to any person to the extent such losses, damages and expense is caused by your use of AskSARA.
Again you acknowledge that this indemnity is appropriate and reasonable given our charitable status.
Please note the following:
- any failure or delay by us to bring legal proceedings in relation to AskSARA, the Database, the Factsheets, the Reports or this User Policy or otherwise shall not be regarded as a waiver of any rights. Indeed if we do waive any such rights, this shall not be regarded to be a waiver of any other or future rights we may have;
- if any paragraph, or part of any paragraph, of this User Policy is found by any Court, or other competent body to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable, that part shall be deemed to be severable from this User Policy and the remaining provisions of this User Policy shall continue in full force and effect;
- the User Policy is not intended, nor shall it operate, to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us and you, and you are not authorised to act as our agent;
- no term of this User Policy shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party, who is not a party to this User Policy;
- you may serve any formal notice on us by Contacting Us, and we may serve a formal notice on you, by either first class post or email and such notice will be regarded as formally received by the other on the next day that is not a weekend or a bank holiday;
- this User Policy represents all the terms and conditions of your agreement with us that arises automatically when you AskSARA, and supersedes any previous agreements between us relating to your use AskSARA;
- you acknowledge that (in relation to your use of AskSARA) you have not relied on any statement, representation, warranty or understanding made by us or on our behalf (whether or not made negligently) other than those expressly set out in this User Policy;
This User Policy shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and in relation to any disputes which may arise in relation to this User Policy or AskSARA, you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
12. Contacting Us
You can contact us by sending an e-mail message to: email@example.com
Or by writing to us at: Disabled Living Foundation, Unit 1, 34 Chatfield Road, Wandsworth, London SW11 3SE