Full list of Factsheets
These DLF factsheets provide general advice on a range of daily living equipment such as features to look for when choosing equipment, and where to get further information. Our factsheets now include live links to Living Made Easy to see the latest equipment listings. Living Made Easy contains detailed information on specific types of equipment that can help you, Living made easy.
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view these PDFs. Download it free of charge from the Adobe website or, for people with visual disabilities, visit Access Adobe.
- Living with dementia: home safety and security
- Living with dementia: furniture and furnishings
- Living with dementia: food preparation
- Living with dementia: eating and drinking
- Living with dementia: sight and hearing loss
- Living with dementia: showering and bathing
- Living with dementia: toileting and continence
- Living with dementia: sleep and night-time disturbances
- Living with dementia: dressing
- Living with dementia: getting out and about
- Living with dementia: medication management
- Living with dementia: leisure and reminiscence activities
- Adapting your home: planning and funding
- Adapting your home: access into and around your home
- Adapting your home: the kitchen
- Adapting your home: the bathroom
- Adapting your home: vision and hearing impairment or loss
- Adapting your home: managing cognitive impairment and behaviour that challenges
- Choosing telecare
- Choosing equipment to help with memory and safety
- Choosing equipment for communication and vision
- Choosing equipment for hearing loss, speech and speech replacement
- Choosing equipment for leisure activities
- Choosing walking equipment
- Choosing a manual wheelchair
- Choosing a powered wheelchair
- Choosing a hoist and slings for lifting people
- Choosing equipment for the heavier person
- Choosing pressure relief equipment
- Choosing and fitting grab rails
- Choosing equipment for showering
- Choosing equipment for bathing
- Choosing equipment to get up and down stairs
- Choosing children's daily living equipment
- Choosing a chair and chair accessories
- Choosing a bed and bed accessories
- Choosing a mobility scooter
- Choosing eating and drinking equipment
- Choosing toilet equipment and accessories
- Choosing clothing and dressing equipment
- Choosing footwear and dressing equipment
If you are a manufacturer or supplier who would like to sponsor one of our factsheets please contact our Marketing department.
All factsheets are copyright to the Disabled Living Foundation and must not be changed, resold or quoted from without reference to DLF and prior written permission. Factsheets may be downloaded and printed freely for individual use (although we always welcome donations in support of the production of these factsheets).
If you are an institution looking to distribute to a number of people, you may do so freely provided that the Factsheets are not altered in any way.
If you are interested in licensing content from any of DLF's Factsheets to use within your own materials (e.g. a website), please contact our Marketing Department.