DLF announces Programme for Moving & Handling People 2011
1st June 2010
DLF is pleased to announce the programme for Moving & Handling People 2011. The theme for next year’s conference is Managing Risk, Improving Practice.
In recognition of the current economic climate DLF has frozen delegate rates at 2010 prices and a 3 for 2 offer for delegates is available to ensure the best value possible. Moving & Handling People 2011 will see a new conference format and includes:
- A CPD-accredited professional update
- The opportunity to risk assess and audit your practice
- Longer interactive practical problem-solving workshops
- A new Poster Competition
- Largest moving & handling equipment exhibition for professionals in the UK
- The chance to visit professional organisations in the Professional Resource Centre
- The chance to network with suppliers and colleagues from around the country
- One year’s free access to a portal of equipment for moving & handling people
The annual Moving & Handling People event has become recognised as the professional update for those working in this area of practice, designed for both hands-on practitioners and managers with a strategic role in risk management and moving and handling in their organisation. Key to safer people handling is an awareness of handling techniques and the use of equipment but also understanding how moving and handling is part of health and safety for everyone – carer, patient and client – and how these fit into the wider context of risk management.
The main conference takes place on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th February 2011 and consists of four practical, problem-solving workshops featuring adult, paediatric and bariatric equipment and a range of plenary and concurrent sessions on topics which include: Risk Management and Moving & Handling People, a Legal Review, Moving & Handling People Training & Education: Delivery & Practice and a Professional Debate & Discussion Forum addressing The Future of Moving & Handling People in the UK.
In addition to the four main conference workshops on 3rd and 4th February, there are also three optional Pre-conference New Products Workshops on Wednesday 2nd February 2011 featuring new products, demonstrations and discussion. These are an invaluable opportunity to view and discuss new products, products in development and bespoke equipment with suppliers and multi-disciplinary Workshop Facilitators.
Moving & Handling People 2011 will also see a new Poster Competition. Enter the competition and receive a 25% refund on the cost of your 2011 delegate place. The winner will receive a complimentary delegate place to Moving & Handling People 2012 - see www.movingandhandlingpeople.co.uk Poster Competition for full details.
Notes for editors
- DLF is a national charity, celebrating its 40th anniversary
- For help and information about equipment and gadgets to make daily life easier, visit DLF’s impartial advice website ‘Living made easy’™ www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk
- If you do not have internet access you can call the DLF helpline on 0300 999 0004 (10am-4pm Monday-Friday) and DLF’s experienced advisors will help you find the solution to your problem
- If you would like to try out daily living equipment for yourself under the guidance of a qualified therapist, you can visit DLF's London Demonstration Centre with hundreds of items on display
For further information
Contact: Hugh Dobie, Marketing Officer, DLF, Tel: 020 7289 611 ext 2111, Email: email@example.com