This course is designed for professionals that need to refresh their skills.
View course dates
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members
- Learners must have attended a Moving and Handling Induction.
Runs over a full day and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of reasoned clinical decision making in manual handling
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to moving and handling problems in therapeutic settings
- Outline the assessment process and identify risk factors inherent in the development of musculoskeletal disorders
- Perform good practice in moving and handling people while achieving determined therapeutic outcomes
- Understand the importance of psychological factors in moving and handling
- Review their handling skills with peer interaction and support
- Outline the resources available to therapists regarding moving and handling equipment provision and supply
- Appreciate the importance of ergonomics in individually-centred care planning
- Demonstrate capability in personal movement skills.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email email@example.com or call 020 7432 8010 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when signing up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.