Train the trainer
This course is designed for those who wish to deliver moving and handling training to others, it will include both patient and load handling and all learners will leave with all materials and notes they may need to deliver the training in future.
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members.
Prior practical experience of moving and handling and previous basic moving and handling training is required.
Runs over four full days and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand theory in relation to moving and handling including legislation and policy, anatomy of the spine and recording requirements
- Understand safe handling techniques for inanimate loads and people
- Have confidence in presenting and demonstrating moving and handling skills
- Understand standards of proficiency required within moving and handling and how to assess competencies against these
- Recognise and demonstrate methods for engaging learners
- Know how to ensure skills are kept up to date and fresh
- Learners will need to pass an assessment and micro teach at the end of the course to receive a pass.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 3084 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when signing up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.