Plus size person handling
This course is designed for those who will be completing assessments and handling plans who may be required to assess those regarded as plus size.
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members
It is recommended that learners would have completed the induction programme.
Runs over a full day and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand terminology in relation to plus size customers
- Know how excess weight on the body can be carried and the impact of this on moving for the customer
- Risk assess the needs of a plus sized person and recommend safe systems of work
- Have knowledge of equipment designed specifically for the plus sized person
- Demonstrate a range of practical techniques including sit to stand, sling insertion, moving about the bed and hoisting.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7432 8010 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when signing up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.