Purpose of the Course
The course will give the learner the opportunity to refresh existing knowledge and skills relating to the physical needs of clients. It will enable the OT to confidently assess and provide simple equipment solutions for their clients.
DLF Training is CPD-accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
View course dates
The equipment covered in this course includes:
- Grab rails
- Toilet raisers and rails
- Bathing and showering equipment
- Stair and access rails
- Chair and bed raisers
- Commodes and perching stools
- Bed levers
The course is ideally suited to Mental health, Student or newly qualified Occupational Therapists, or any qualified OT wishing to increase their knowledge around assessing for and prescribing basic equipment.
- Increase confidence in prescribing equipment solutions
- Refresh knowledge and skills in relation to understanding physical impairments
- Understand how to use the Trusted Assessor Model to frame assessments
- Increase knowledge of current equipment solutions
- Understand the importance of equipment solutions to enable independence and decrease risks.
This course will last one day and all learners will receive a certificate of attendance on completion that can contribute to continued professional development (CPD).