Equipment Refresher for Occupational Therapists
Purpose of the Course
The course will give the learner the opportunity to refresh existing knowledge and skills relating to the physical needs of clients. It will enable the OT to confidently assess and provide simple equipment solutions for their clients.
DLF Training is CPD-accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
The equipment covered in this course includes:
- Grab rails
- Toilet raisers and rails
- Bathing and showering equipment
- Stair and access rails
- Chair and bed raisers
- Commodes and perching stools
- Bed levers
The course is ideally suited to Mental health, Student or newly qualified Occupational Therapists, or any qualified OT wishing to increase their knowledge around assessing for and prescribing basic equipment.
- Increase confidence in prescribing and measuring equipment and minor adaptations
- An understanding of the risks and limitations of solutions for independent living
- Refresh knowledge and skills in relation to understanding physical impairments and the functional difficulties they cause
- A standardised model to frame assessments
- Knowledge to recommend the latest products that enable independent living
- Help you to understand the importance of equipment solutions to enable independence and decrease risks
This course will last one day and all learners will receive a certificate of attendance on completion that can contribute to continued professional development (CPD).
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 3084