New comparison and printing features added to DLF Data, the UK’s only comprehensive database of daily living equipment
10th May 2011
National charity the Disabled Living Foundation (DLF ) has added two new features to its comprehensive database of daily living equipment and assistive technology, DLF Data (www.dlf-data.org.uk) following user feedback.
First, tables are now available in DLF Data listing similar products side-by-side with their price, dimensions and/or features. This may help subscribers when selecting products based on essential features or dimensions, such as a reclining option, seat width or maximum weight capacity.
Subscribers also now have the ability to download PDFs of whole sections of the database, which can be printed out for easy reference when going out on client visits. The printouts are in a similar format to the old printed DLF Data (known as ‘The Hamilton Index’ or ‘The Hamilton Directory’), which is no longer available. There are 28 sections in DLF Data, ranging from chairs, beds and personal care to bariatric equipment, telecare and equipment for disabled children. Each section's PDF has three main parts:
- Products - split into a number of subsections such as 'bath boards', 'bath seats' and 'bath steps'. The products are listed under these subsections with a description and supplier listing.
- Suppliers – full details of suppliers in the section, including address, telephone number and website
- Tables - tables comparing product's dimensions and/or features.
DLF Data is available at www.dlf-data.org.uk and is available on subscription to Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, voluntary sector organisations and companies that might wish to advise people on daily living equipment as well as special prices for private occupational therapists. Occupational therapy students can access the database free-of-charge via their university library – contact DLF for details. For pricing information or to subscribe please visit http://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/DLFDatabrochure.pdf or call 020 7432 8019.
Chris Shaw, DLF’s Chief Executive, says “These new features are designed to help make life easier for occupational therapists, disability advisors and other users of DLF Data by helping them compare independent information on products quickly and easily, and print detailed quality information for easy reference. We would encourage all occupational therapy departments and disability organisations to subscribe to the database to ensure they offer a high quality service to their clients”.
Notes for editors
- DLF is a national charity that gives impartial advice and information on all types of daily living equipment that help older and disabled people live independently at home
- For help and information about equipment and gadgets to make daily life easier, visit DLF’s impartial advice website ‘Living made easy’™ www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk
- If you do not have internet access you can call the DLF helpline on 0300 999 0004 (10am-4pm Monday-Friday) and DLF’s experienced advisors will help you find the solution to your problem
- If you would like to try out daily living equipment for yourself under the guidance of a qualified therapist, you can visit DLF's London Demonstration Centre with hundreds of items on display
For further information
Contact: Amit Jain, DLF, Tel: 020 7432 8019, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org